A comprehensive guide to help B2B CEOs choose & hire the right Fractional CMO to power their B2B marketing and avoid hiring and outsourcing missteps.
When it's time to build or grow your marketing team, should you hire in-house, outsource to a marketing agency or engage a Fractional CMO? That's what you'll learn in this comprehensive guide.
In this comprehensive guide, we walk you through everything you need to know about choosing, hiring and working with a Fractional CMO:
- What is a Fractional CMO?
- Benefits of working with a Fractional CMO
- Is a Fractional CMO right for your organization?
- Choosing the right Fractional CMO
- What to expect from your Fractional CMO
- Working with a Fractional CMO
- A typical Fractional CMO engagement and cost
WHEN IT'S TIME TO BUILD A MARKETING TEAM, SHOULD YOU HIRE IN-HOUSE OR OUTSOURCE?
In today's complex marketing world, making the right decisions when it comes to building your marketing function is harder than ever. That's why we created this comprehensive guide.
Does this sound like you?
You’ve grown your B2B company to $3+ million in revenue primarily on sales-led initiatives and some ad-hoc marketing here and there.
This means you likely have a well developed sales organization, but haven’t focused as much attention on your marketing function, and don’t have a strong marketing strategy, system or foundation in place.
You know it's time to get serious about taking a more strategic and systematic approach to marketing. But what are your next steps? What type of marketing support do you really need?
You'd love to be able to hire a complete B2B marketing team, including an in-house Chief Marketing Officer, but that's just not feasible right now.
You've heard of Fractional CMOs, but you're not sure what they really do, or whether they are the right fit for what you need right now.
Should you hire in-house or outsource? This is likely the first question you're wresting with. Should you hire in-house - and if so, which position? Or should you outsource, and if so, to a consultant? Freelancer? Agency?
How is a Fractional CMO different from working with a marketing agency? You've worked with marketing agencies before, so how is a Fractional CMO different? What can they do for your organization that a marketing agency can't?
What does a Fractional CMO do? Will they bring their own marketing team with them, or will I still have to manage all of that?
In this comprehensive guide, we walk through all the questions you need to answer first in order to make the right decisions around hiring a Fractional CMO, including:
- What is a Fractional CMO? What does a it mean to engage a Fractional Chief Marketing Officer, how is a Fractional CMO different from an in-house CMOs, and how does engaging a Fractional CMO differ than other marketing outsourcing options?
- Benefits of Working with a Fractional CMO: What value does a Fractional CMO bring to your organization and how can their expertise help you transform your marketing efforts, increase revenue, improve your sales strategies and even build your internal team.
- Is a Fractional CMO Right for Your Organization? Is your organization ready for a Fractional CMO, when and why should you engage a Fractional CMO, and what stages of growth align best with their expertise?
- Choosing the Right Fractional CMO: Learn the different Fractional CMO models, including the lone Fractional CMO consultant and the Fractional CMO + Outsourced Marketing Team models, and understand which approach is best for your organization.
- What to Expect from Your Fractional CMO: How does a Fractional CMO fit into your organization, what do they do (or not do), which teams and leaders do they interact with?
- Working With Your Fractional CMO? How will you work with your Fractional CMO day to day, manage this important partnership and get the most out of your relationship?
- A Typical Fractional CMO Engagement and Cost: How is a typical Fractional CMO engagement structured, what are the costs, and how doe these costs compare to hiring in-house?
NEXT STEPS: BOOK A CONSULTATION WITH JEN KELLY